The Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse shares many of the same aspirations as the Giving Circle by raising funds for local non-profit organizations. The mission of the Alternative Giving Market of the Palouse is to provide our community with a meaningful alternative to holiday gift giving and an opportunity to support local non-profits. We strive to enhance community well-being and sustainability through celebrating personal charity and community partnerships.
The Giving Market is looking for volunteers to help us this year. A few of you offered specific help at the meeting – THANK YOU very much. A couple of specific needs are:
1) someone to organize musical entertainment at various times throughout the Market. We have some musicians lined up, and if you are a musician and want o play we would love to hear from you!
2) Folks to solicit collect and organize holiday and greeting cards for use at the Market. We have a good start on a supply, but will need more. These can be your left-over cards from previous years, the freebies you get in the mail, blank cars you create, etc.
3) A Circle member has offered to help organize activities at the children’s table. If you want to help at the Market, or in advance, please let us know.
4) We need volunteers the day of for set-up, working in the payment area (1.5 hour shifts), greeting shoppers, and more
5) and lastly and most importantly if you have a long term interest in the Market and would like to be on our planning team /future Board we would love to hear from you!!
The Market will be held on Wednesday December 1, 2010 from 4-8 pm at the Prichard Art Gallery, 414 S. Main St, Moscow, before and during the Light-Up the Night Holiday Parade The Market is sponsored by the City of Moscow Parks and Recreation in partnership with the Latah County Community Foundation, the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Moscow Buy Local with support from the Potlatch No1 Credit Union. The Market promotes Shop Local. Buy Local. Give Local.
The Market strives to make fundraising as easy and fun as possible for an organization and potential donors. Each non-profit will design a shopping list of cash designations, ranging in value from $5 - $100, reflecting the needs of their organization. For each donation the giver/shopper will receive a holiday card provided by the market and an insert with a description of the organization and gift, which can be sent as a gift to family and friends.
If you have any questions about the Market or the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mary Silvernale Shook, 208-310-9561 or Dianne Daley Laursen 208-310-1231.